Monday, August 4, 2008

Ron DePaolo Memorial Open

On Saturday I had the distinct pleasure of covering one of the greatest events created in dedication of an amazing man , Ron DePaolo. This golf tournament was started several years ago by the determination and love for the sport Ron had for golf. After his recent passing Automation Electronics made it there goal to carry on this tournament and rename it "The Ron DePaolo Memorial Open" in his memory. I personally had the pleasure of knowing Ron and his amazing family. When I was asked to cover the tournament and take photos of the teams as they came around hole 9 at the Three Crowns Golf Course in Casper I was honored to be asked to be apart of this amazing event. Thank you to Automation Electronics for giving me the opportunity, I look forward to doing it again next year! Thank you to Three Crowns for giving me the beautiful view, the warm conditions and the cool golf cart to stay out of the sun for the day. And last but not least Ron's family, you are always in my thoughts and in my prayers. Much love and blessings, Shannon.

These are just a few of the photos of the 21 teams that dedicated there day to giving back in Ron's honor, all proceeds went to Hospice of Casper.

This is Ron's beautiful wife Jo and his 2 boys Camden and Cale along with fellow A&E man Chuck.


I finally get to share a photo of my loving, supportive and AMAZING husband Shawn, he's the one in blue he worked so hard at helping to bring the tournament together. Along with him from the left are Nick, Danny and Ed.

Of course I had to not only include a photo of the only women's team of the day but also a member of the committee, Danielle also in blue. Then from the left Jodi, Molly and Nichole.

And Bob on the left, a member of the committee as well. Then on his right Jody, Mia and Mike. So many people worked so hard on this amazing tournament and I can't post all of the pictures but also a special thanks to Holly and Jim you know you are special to! As are all of the people, sponsors and busiesses who helped in making this tournament a success!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a great time.

Anonymous said...

Best golf tournament around.